Frequently Asked Questions
Is cashback guaranteed?
We guarantee to give you 100% of the cashback that you earn. However, we cannot guarantee that the retailer will pay us for every purchase. This only happens in a very few of cases. The reasons why a retailer could decline your cashback are:
- The purchase was returned, cancelled or the order amended
- The purchase was not completed wholly online
- Another referrer has been awarded the cashback commission (e.g. another website)
- You did not comply with the terms and conditions of Cashbackireland and/or the retailer.
- A voucher code or gift code not authorised by Cashbackireland was used
- The retailer has ceased trading or has gone into administration
Generally, sticking to the terms and conditions provided in the retailer description and ensuring you follow the recommended process will minimise the risk of anything going wrong.
How can I reduce the risk of my cashback being declined?
- Set all your security settings to low.
- When making a purchase through Cashbackireland, you should delete all Internet cookies and temporary Internet files (please note that this will log you out of the Cashbackireland site; please remember to log back in!). This will vary depending on which browser you use.
- Always use the links provided by Cashbackireland to enter a retailer’s site; do not type in retailer names at the top of your browser screen
- Completing a purchase over the phone – Cashbackireland cashback only works online – so if for example you buy something over the telephone, unfortunately the Cashbackireland cashback won’t apply.
- Voucher and gift codes – To get Cashbackireland cashback please only use voucher codes supplied by Cashbackireland. Using vouchers not supplied by Cashbackireland may result in another party being credited with your cashback.
How will I know when I have successfully earned cashback for my purchase?
The cashback amount will show in your transactions and in your “latest earnings” on your homepage. However, the cashback process is broken down into several stages as detailed below (you can see your transactions go through this process in your account):
- Pending – this means that your purchase has been tracked but not yet validated by the retailer and there is no guarantee at this stage of cashback being paid. You will receive a confirmation email every time a purchase tracks into your account.
- Available – this means that Cashbackireland has received the cashback for your purchase and you can make a withdrawal.
- Latest Payment – this means that the money has been sent by Bank Transfer or paid into your PayPal account.
How long does the cashback process take?
This varies a lot between retailers – and the type of purchase – so for example car insurance can sometimes take 3 months to validate as the insurance company wants to make sure the policy hasn’t been cancelled
- Pending – this can take from 0 to 3 days
- Available- this can take from 7 days up to 120 days from Pending
- Paid – this will be at the end of the month in which the request was received from you to Cashbackireland to withdraw
The above are indications and not guaranteed. So use them as a guideline and NOT a guarantee!
How much will it cost me?
To sign up for Cashbackireland is Free. The more Cashbackireland members there are, the more ‘buying’ power we collectively have, getting better deals from providers! Cashbackireland retain a small annual administration fee from cashback earned. You will see this displayed against your account in your profile. We then pass 100% of the cashback you earn back into your Paypal account (or bank account if you prefer).
How do I get my Cashback?
Cashbackireland pays any cashback you are due by the 5th of the month following your request for payment.
If you have opted to be paid via PayPal and your total received earnings in any once month exceed €100, we wont be able to pass on your received earnings to your PayPal account. You will need to change your payment method to bank payments. Just follow these steps:
- In your account select Settings.
- Select Payment Settings.
- Under Payment Method select Bank
- Enter account holder’s name.
- Enter the sort code and Account number.
- Click on Save.
What is meant by “minimum payout”?
Currently minimum payment is a minimum payment for Paypal of €50.
Some people prefer to build up their cashback in order to receive a larger amount, rather than receive smaller payments once a month. If you opt to be paid via PayPal and your total received earnings in any once month exceed €100, we will only lodge €100 from your Cashbackireland account to Paypal. If you want higher payments per month, you will need to change your payment method to Bank, so that we can send your payments by mail.
How do I arrange to be paid by PayPal?
To be paid by Paypal you simple have to enter the email address you use for your paypal account. This is enough for us to credit your paypal account at your request. Cashbackireland pays any cashback you are due by the 5th of the month following your request for payment.